Business Weekly Publications, a division of Cité Publishing Ltd.
Founder & Publisher: Mr. Fei-Peng Ho
Parent Organization(s): Cité Publishing Group is now the biggest publishing company in Taiwan
Business Weekly Publications is a well organized and leading publishing company consists of Managerial Department, Editorial Departments, Sales & Marketing Department and Rights Department and now owns 50 employees. Current Publishing situation: more than 200 titles/ per year.Backlist: more than 1400 titles.
Business Weekly Publications was a department of Business Weekly Magazine before founded in 1987. Business Weekly Publication, Owl Publishing House and Rye Filed Publishing Co. joined together and established the Cité Publishing Ltd. in 1997. Gradually the Cité Publishing Ltd. incorporates with more and more publishers and now is the biggest publishing group in Taiwan.
At the beginning stage, Business Weekly Publications based itself as a professional business books publisher focusing mainly on business titles of the Q&A series, such as Practical Economy Index Q&A, Banking Q&A, Life Insurance Q&A and Finance Statistics Q&A. In 1994 the company published a title, Leap August, 1995《1995潤八月》which made an astonishing selling record of 350,000 copies, since then the company started to transform into a diverse and comprehensive publisher publishing books of different kinds includes sociology, popular science and politics.
In 1996 the title, Concept, won the Golden Tripod Awards, an award for publishers of outstanding achievement in magazines and books. In 1997 the title, A Memoir of Lee Ao, was selected as the most influential book of the year by King Stone bookstore and the best top ten non-fiction by United Daily News Readers’ edition.
In 1997, the company published the bestsellers of Finance Management Bible, Use Your Credit Cards Wisely, and Mutual Funds Q&A that created a trend for finance management to grow in popularity. Therefore our publisher, Mr. Fei-Peng Ho, was elected as the people of the year by King Stone bookstore in 1997. In 1999 the company published Bill Gates’ latest work of “Business @ the Speed of Thought : Using a Digital Nervous System” simultaneously with the world. The title sold 17,000 copies within seven months.
Presently Business Weekly Publications is a comprehensive publisher and has several publishing book lines now including Business, Finance, Investment, Human Resource, Business and Technology Development, Popular Science, Fiction, Classics, Current Evens, Law, Religion, Philosophy, Celebrity Biography, Relationships, Self-Help, Young Adult, Life Style, Music, Pets and Puzzles and Games.
Publications & Goals:
Business Weekly Publications’ titles have been well known for the high quality and diversity. Many of them are at the top of Kingstone Bookstores’ best-seller lists and Eslite selected-book list. Both are Taiwan’s two largest franchise bookstore chains.
Especially, the following new released business and management best-sellers translated by Business Weekly Publications are strikingly successful:
考える技術 The Mind of the Strategist, a great work written by Kenichi Ohmae, a former Mckinsey & Company consultant has sold roughly 120,000 copies since April of 2005. In the meantime, this title was selected as the most influential book of the year 2005 by King Stone bookstore as well as The Medici Effect, also published by Business Weekly Publications.
Kenichi Ohmae’s ニュ－ビジネス活眼塾 New Business Katsugan Juku was another great success and has sold 45,000 copies since April of 2006.
His latest workロウアーミドルの衝撃 Lower-Middle No Shougeki has become an instant best-seller when released in October of 2006. It has been placed at number 1 on King Stone bookstore Best Seller list and on Top 50 Best Seller List of Eslite Books.
In the activity of Selecting the Top 10 Technology Management Books of the year 2006 held by TIM (The Graduate institute of Technology & Innovation Management in college of commerce at National Chengchi University), three of the top 10 list are Business Weekly Publications’ titles:
The Medici Effect, by Frans Johnansson,
SONYの旋律 SONY NO SENRITSU, by Ohga Norio
Pirates of the Digital Millennium by John Gantz
In the past few years, James C. Hunter’s The Servant has proved to be a constant best-seller and sold so far more than 200,000 copies since 2001. Nearly 100,000 copies of Dr. Peter Drucker’s Managing in the Next Society have been sold since 2002. For the moment, the sales figure is still increasing constantly.
In addition, Nanotechnology《奈米科技》(written by local scholar); My Own Way《自己的路，勇敢的走》(written by local author) and many other titles from Business Weekly Publications have been on Kingstone Bookstores’ best-seller list for a long time.
We also publish many award-winning titles. Lunatic Pairs《雙瘋》won the 2004 Golden Tripod Awards for Best Comics, Century-Old Brands《世紀老招牌》 won the 2005 Golden Tripod Awards for Best Sociology Title. For Translation titles we have published 2004 Nobel Prize winner, Jelinek Elfriede’s The Piano Teacher, Women as Lovers and Wonderful, Wonderful Times. There are more award-winning titles on our list, we also publish Wiinner of 2003 Aventis Prize for Science Books Right Hand, Left Hand by Chris McManus and The Shakepare Stealer by Gary Lyle Blackwood was selected as the best teenager book by Open Book edition of China Daily News.
Now we’re starting to develop close and mutual cooperation relationship with many China publishers. We have also been working closely with John Wiley & Sons in USA for a long time and now co-publishing many titles.
Our goals are to serve all Chinese readers in the best way that we can: wherever you are, our publication will be there with you.
• Managing in the Next Society by Peter F. Drucker
• The Business of Economics: The Truth About Market by John Kay
• Marketing Insights from A to Z, Lateral Marketing, Ten Deadly Marketing Sins by Philip Kotler
• 考える技術 The Mind of the Strategist by Kenichi Ohmae ( a former Mckinsey & Company consultant )
• ニュ－ビジネス活眼塾 New Business Katsugan Juku by Kenichi Ohmae
• ロウアーミドルの衝撃 The Impact of Rising Lower-Middle Class Population in Japan by Kenichi Ohmae
• The Sales Bible by Jeffrey Gitomer
• Jeffrey Gitomer's Little Red Book of Sales Answers by Jeffrey Gitomer
• Wharton On Dynamic Competitive Strategy
• Wharton on Making Decisions by Stephen J. Hoch & Howard C. Kunreuther
• No Such Thing as Over-Exposure: Inside the Life and Celebrity of Donald Trump by Robert Slater
• The Art of the Start by Guy Kawasaki
• The Medici Effect by Frans Johnansson
• The Search by John Battelle
• The Servant by James C. Hunter
• Adventure Capitalist by Jim Rogers
• More Than A Pink Cadillac by J. Underwood
• The Witch Doctors by John Micklethwait & Adrian Wooldridge
• The Little Red Book of Selling by Jeffrey H. Gitomer
• SONYの旋律 SONY NO SENRITSU, by Ohga Norio
• The power of an hour by Dave Lakhani
• Pirates of the Digital Millennium by John Gantz
Literature & Fiction
• The Piano Teacher, Women as Lovers and Wonderful, Wonderful Times by Elfriede Jelinek (Rowohlt)
• The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
• Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
• Die Vermessung der Welt (Measuring the World) by Daniel Kehlmann (Rowohlt)
• Requiem & The Facts of Life by Graham Joyce
• On Writing by Stephen King
• The News from Paraguay by Lily Tuck
• Green Angel by Alice Hoffman
• I am 44 years old, but My Son is 53 by Stella Molinas Trevez
• Stone Butch Blues by Leslie Feinberg
• Frisk by Dennis Cooper
• Six Feet Under by Howard Hodgson
• Chocolat by Joanne Harris (Penguin)
• Man and Boy, Man and Wife , One for My Baby by Tony Parson
• The Liar's Club by Maey Karr
• Aczel, DESCARTES' SECRET NOTEBOOK by Amir D. Aczel
• Right Hand, Left Hand by Chris McManus
• Napoleon's Buttons by J. P. LeCouteur and J. Burreson
• A World Without Time: The Forgotten Legacy Of Godel And Einstein by Palle Yourgrau
• Deep Simplicity: Bringing Order to Chaos and Complexity by John Gribbin
• Billions and Billions by Carl Sagan
• The Language Instinct by Steven Pinker
• Why We Age by by Steven N. Austad
• Curing Cancer by Michael Waldholz
• Nature via Nurture by Matt Ridley
• The Memory Prescription by Gary Small
• The Trees in My Forest by Bernd Heinrich
• Our Molecular Future by Douglas Mulhall
• Molecules at an Exhibition by John Emsley
• Your Genetic Destiny by Aubrey Milunsky, M.D.
• Critical Condition by Donald L. Barlett, James B. Steele
• The One True Platonic Heave by John L. Casi
• Wonders of Numbers by Clifford A. Pickover
• The Antibiotic Paradox by Stuart B. Levy, M.D.)
• Does Stress Damage the Brain by J. Douglas Bremner
Religion & Spirituality
• The World Religions by Niian Smart
• The Hoofprint of the Ox by Master ShenguYen
• Being Nobody, Going Nowhere by Ayya Khema
• The Fifth Dimension by John Hick
• Sweet Zen by Sara Jenkins
• Landscape of Wonder by Bhikkhu Nyanasobhano
• The Gospel in Dostoyevsky
• The Tibetan Art of Positive Thinking by Christopher Hansard
• Histoire des Croyances et des Idees Religieuses by Mircea Eliade
• Chasing The Daylight by Eugene O’kelly
• Healing Conversation by Nance Guilmartin
• Embraced by the Light by Betty J. Eadie & Curtis Taylor
Biographies & Memoirs
• Obsession: The Lives and Times of Calvin Klein by Steven Gaines & Sharon Churcher (Carol)
• Ralph Lauren: The Man Behind the Mystique by Jeffrey A. Trachtenberg (Little Brown)
• Sampras: A Legend in the Works by H.A. Branham (Bonus)
• Tiger: A Biography of Tiger Wood by John Strege (Broadway)
• Schumacher: Driving Force by Sabine Kehm
• Long Way Round by Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman
• Voice of an Angel by Charlotte Church & Jemima Hunt
• Martha Inc. by Christopher M. Bryon
• Luck Man by Michael J. Fox
• The Beatles by Hunter Davis
• No Ordinary Genius: The Illustrated Richard Feynman by Christopher Sykes
• Broken Contract by Richard D. Kahlenberg
• The Right of Privacy by Caroline Kennedy
• Make No Law by Anthony Lewis
• Witness For the Defense by Elizabeth Loftus & Katherine Ketcham
• The Concept of Law by H. L. A. Hart
• Profile of a Criminal Mind by Brian Innes
• Henry Lee’s Crime Scene Handbook by Henry Lee
• Lawyer by Arthur L. Liman
• American Law by Lawrence M. Friedman
• California Evidence Code with Objections, 2e by A.C. Snyder, A.J. Bocchina and D.A. Soneshein
• Logic For Lawyers, 3e by Ruggero J. Aldisert
• American Law in the Twentieth Century by Lawrence M. Friedman
Relationships & Slef-Help
• Vaginas: An Owner's Manual by Elisabeth Topp ,Carol Livoti
• Everything You Know About Love and Sex is Wrong by Pepper Schwartz, Ph. D
• Why Men Marry Some Women and Not Others by John Molly
• Men Are Dogs by Molly Hewitt
• The Between Boyfreinds Books by Cindy Chupack
• Necessary Dreams by Anna Fel
• Get it Together by Damian Barr
• Weiblicher Narziißmus(女性自戀) by Barbel Wardetzki
• Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph. D.
Politics & Sociology & Culture Studies
• Tell Me No Lie by John Pilger
• Power: A Radical View by Steven Lukes
• The State of Democracy Theory by Ian Shapiro
• Democracy and Distrust by John Hart Ely
• Cool Rules by Dick Pountain & David Robins
• On Female Body Experience by Iris Marion
• Kant: A Biography by Manfred Keuhn
• Personal Knowledge by Michael Polanyi
• After Theory by Terry Eagleton
• Punishment and Modern Society by David Garland
• From the Closed World to the Infinite Universe by Alexander Koyer
• The New York Times Essential Library-Classical Music by Allan Kozinn
• The Cambridge Companion to Pop and Rock ed. by BY Smith Frith, Will Straw, John Street
• The Philosophy of Punk by Craig O’hara
• Angry Women by Andrea Juno
• Hip Hoptionary by Alonzo Westbrook
• I’m A Man by Ruth Padel
• Die Kunst des stilvollen Verermens (窮得有品味) by Andrea Juno
• The cat who went to Paris; A Cat Abroad &The Cat Who’ll Live Foerver by Peter Gethers
• The Other End of the Leash by Patricia B. McConnel Ph.D.
Puzzles and Games
• The Book of Kakuro and How to Solve It by Gareth Moore
• Kakuro for Kids 1 Ninja Edition by Alastair Chisholm
• Mathematical Snacks by Jon Millington
• Hidden Picture Mazes by Conceptis Puzzles